6.16.2011

70 degrees

To stand outside, barefoot; to feel the warmth of the sun on my arms, then the coolness of the wind; to know that no one can see me but God; to delight in His delight in me.

Mm. This is joy.

I had one of those moments today. I love nature so much. It's enchanting like nothing else. Just to watch the trees sway, and hear the birds sing Рoiy, it sounds so clich̩. But it brings such a peace of mind to me.
I think I feel closest to God when I'm in nature – which for me means by myself in the backyard. It's not too big, but it's just so... magical. It's God's precious gift to us.
It makes me realize the nothing that I am, and the Something God has made me.

So now you go. Get up. Stop slouching indoors reading blogs! Go outside and revel in God's beautiful earth. He made it for you!

Postscript: (by the way, if you're reading this it means you're very naughty for not going outside like I told you to. What? It's raining? Rain is gorgeous! Go and jump in some puddles! Okay.) Don't expect every post to be like this. I was feeling poetic.

2 comments:

  1. It's Seattle. It's overcast. It's cold. It's dry. There's no puddles to jump in. And it's nearly the end of July. We had two days of summer weather yesterday, but now it's over. I'm sitting inside typing in front of the computer with not much of anything to do. ::sigh:: Maybe I'll go write a book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, write a book. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete