6.25.2012

More questions

"Why is it so cold when the sun is out?"

What a profound statement. I made it myself. I know, I know, I'm just so amazing. Okay, humorless joking aside, let me tell you about this.

I went to the park. It was somewhat cloudy but there was sunshine. And yet it was freezing cold. I asked that question aloud, to no one in particular. Then its profundity and impact hit me like a ice cube down my back. (Sorry, that was a ridiculous analogy but I couldn't think of anything better.)

Why does life hurt so much when God is in control and I know that? Why do I feel pain so often when God is by my side? I should be totally happy right now, because I've been redeemed, because God is on the throne, because He's there for me and loves me and etc. and the list goes on. It doesn't make any sense, does it?

The sun is out, but somehow it's still really, really cold. Just another oddity of life.
Huh - note something interesting. It didn't make me feel any warmer to know that if the sun were not there, I would be frozen and completely dead right now, as would everything else. I'll let you fill in that analogy.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I know those kinds of days... the air is so cold around you that you barely even notice there is any sunshine.

    But I've noticed... if you stick it out, the longer you sit in the sun, the warmer it gets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Ariel Strom!!!!! Just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bush Maid - Oh. You're right. I will keep sitting in the sun... :)

    Anne - thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete